Clarify what is the “commodity code” referred to in the regulations
• Refers to the code in the catalogue of commodity classification in the Import and Export Tariff of the People’s Republic of China.
• The first 8 commodity numbers.
• The determination of other commodity numbers under the same commodity code shall be handled in accordance with relevant regulations.
• That is, additional codes of nine and ten bits and CIQ codes of 11th-13th bits.
• If the information provided by the consignee, consignor or its agent to the customs involves commercial secrets, undisclosed information or confidential commercial information, and the custom is required to keep it confidential, the consignee, consignor or its agent shall make a confidentiality request to the customs in writing, and specify the contents that need to be kept confidential. The consignee, consignor or its agent shall not refuse to provide the relevant information to the customs on the grounds of commercial secrets. The custom shall undertake the obligation of confidentiality in accordance with the relevant provisions of the state.
• <The Import and Export Tariff of the People’s Republic of China>, <the Notes on Commodities and Items in the Import and Export Tariff>, <the Notes on Domestic Subitems in the Import and Export Tariff of the People’s Republic of China>, as well as the administrative rulings on commodity classification, commodity classification decisions, relevant national standards and industry standards issued by the General Administration of Customs, etc.
Post time: Nov-25-2021